Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dear Lucy,
As I stand in the tunnel of the BART station awaiting my train, I can't help but wonder why anyone would go through all the trouble of committing suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge?
Taking all the necessary buses and doing the transfers, and walking half a mile through the throngs of goose-fleshed vacationers taking pictures and being wind-blown,to jump into the turgid freezing water, when one could just as easily take the escalator to the subway station where I stood and momentarily losing balance, fall to the tracks below where the much misunderstood and maligned "third rail" waited every moment of every day to be touched.
Then I am hit in the face by a gust of wind pushed through the tunnel by my oncoming train and I step in and go home to have a good cry and berate myself for being such a goddamn, fucking, coward.

--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment