Monday, August 3, 2009

I Got My Passport!

Dear Lucy,
It has finally come down to this; either get my passport or don't go into Canada. Well, that's not completely true. I could go into Canada, they don't have the passport requirement. They want us to come into their country and spend our money!

It's the good old USA that wouldn't have let me back in that was the problem. Like I am some kind of threat to our national security!

And it's not like I am always wanting to go to Canada. In fact, I don't think I have been in a year, even though I live 10 minutes from the border.

But I have friends there. Friends I have made because they came into the USA and I met them and became friends and they have jobs and families in Canada.

I had a dream a month ago that one of my good Canadian friends was in a car accident there and in the hospital and I couldn't go see her because I didn't have a passport.

I went the following week and applied.

Of course, Vancouver had their gay pride parade yesterday and I couldn't go because of no passport and didn't really give it much thought because I didn't expect to get it for another two weeks.

Then, I go to the mailbox today and there it is. I hadn't checked on Saturday so it might have been there then. {{{sigh}}}.

Ah well. My luck I would have met some Canadian lesbian, fallen in love, and had to move there. Where they say 'eh?' at the end of every sentence. And not one of them knows the words to their own national anthem. And they have the metric system. And their Mexican food sucks!

--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment