Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Heading to San Francisco

Dear Lucy,
It is that time again, time for me to run away from home.

I just booked a one-way flight from Bellingham to Oakland the end of this month for $68.00! I will stay for 14 days in a hostel near Union Square and then who knows. I may come home or I may go to another hostel or I might look for a room to rent in a house for a while.

But, I figure I have got to get this out of my system and decide where I want to live for a while.
San Francisco has so much more to do than little old Bellingham, but I am not sure I am wanting to do the city life again so I am dipping my toe in the water as it were.

While there I plan on going to a few historic museums, the library and used book stores and doing some research for my novel Gold Fever. I have tried to do the research on-line but there is just so much information to wade through that I don't have the patience for it. That was always Anne's job. She could spend hours at a used book store looking at EVERY title of EVERY book. It was her "See the hill, take the hill" personality.

I also plan to eat my way from one end of the city to the other gorging myself on the best Mexican and Chinese food in the land!

Beyond that there are the tons of gay AA meetings to check out, the Buddhist temples to visit, coffee shops and free concerts. The list is endless.

Can't wait!

--Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!! Do you like Vietnamese food (and no cracks about dogs, please)? San Francisco has the best in the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete