Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Angels and Demons


Dear Lucy,

I finally finished reading the book, Angels and Demons. I figured that since the movie was about to come out, and I hadn't read the book yet, it would be a good one for the train trip to California.


I have to say I wasn't all that impressed by the book and part of that is likely because "The Davinci Code" was so much better.


Angels and Demons started out much slower and it seemed to me that that Langdon, the symbologist was made of Teflon. Every time he got into a pickle, no matter how impossible it was to get out of it, he got out. It was hard to believe.


The votes are still out as to whether I will see the movie or not. My nephew Corey went to see it and said it was pretty graphic. Having read the graphic parts, I don't know that I want to see them in living color.


But I think my brother wants to see the movie and his wife doesn't, so I may go with him when they get home from Hawaii. We'll see.


In the meantime, I have nothing to read, so I am off to the used book store. If I find some earth-shattering, spin-tingling, awe-inspiring book, you may not hear from me in a while.


--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment