Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Borscht was a Success

Dear Lucy,
Yesterday, I finally finished making the borscht I had starter earlier. It was a bit of a crap-shoot as the recipe was of course a pinch of this and a dash of that, so unless I wanted to make a 50 gallon drum of it I had to cut the pinches and dashes.
I nearly cried when we sat down to eat it last night. I haven't had it in about 5 years as Anne hadn't made it after she got sick.
Got me started telling Suzie of all the Russian edibles that Anne or her mother would make. It was a nice trip down memory lane.
Suzie has spent the better part of 27 years cooking Mexican food for her Mexican husband and so is getting a taste of some real different stuff here between my cooking and taking her out places. Still have to get her to a Thai place. She loves spicy food.
She has carved three of the four pumpkins she brought home last week. She is a bigger kid than I, and that is saying something.
Better to let her play with knives though as I am a clutz!
--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment