Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Plans, plans, plans...



Dear Lucy,

I have been spending some time here on-line trying to get some ideas on what to do with my lay-over time in Chicago and DC. Both lay-overs land me in the respective cities in the early afternoon and are about 6 hours each.


After the long trip from Los Angeles to Chicago, I will be willing to do anything that doesn't involve sitting, so I may just take a walk around and see what is interesting. I have printed a map showing the train station and places nearby so I won't get hopelessly lost.


In DC I won't have time to see something as grand as the Smithsonian so I will have to take a couple of days on my way home to stop and see it proper-like. The train station is located right near many museums including the closest which is the Postal Museum. Hmmm, I can't imagine that being outrageously interesting to anyone but Cliff Claven from the sitcom "Cheers"!


So I have made copies of maps and locations to take with me and will see what happens. If nothing else, well, the Postal Museum is better than sitting at the train station!


--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment