Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Hairbrained Idea

Dear Lucy,
So, after mulling and pondering, I have come to the conclusion that I would wait on the motorcycle ride from Florida home.
First of all, it would cost nearly $200.00 to ship my bicycle home. Then I would lose the rest of the Amtrak rail-pass I already bought.
Then, even though I had figured I would ride early in the mornings to avoid the heat, it is still far hotter than I am used to even after being away from Washington for over a month, and it's getting hotter as the days go by.
So, staying hydrated on a motorcycle would be a huge problem right now, unless of course its pouring rain which is what it does here. It doesn't rain. It doesn't even really pour. It's a waterfall. With thunder and lightening and wind. And Hurricane season is coming.
So, the bike to Washington is out. And I am bummed. But, them's the breaks.


1 comment:

  1. At least wait until AFTER hurricane season is over!