Friday, August 6, 2010

Dear Lucy,
Quote I found on facebook:

‎"Today I quit being a Christian. I remain committed to Christ as always, but
not to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to
this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious and deservedly infamous group...My
conscience will allow nothing else. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be
anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse
to be anti-science." Anne Rice.

It is a sad thing to think that a religious path that "seeks" to love its neighbor as itself has become infiltrated with such hatred and bigotry or has become such pablum in order to fit in it cannot be tolerated by those with any passion.

There are those who would say this is a sign of the End Times and is supposed to be. But this hostility and hatred has been going on for two thousand years!

I wonder, what WOULD Jesus do?

--Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment