Friday, November 20, 2009

The Light at the end of the tunnel

Dear Lucy,
As I come roaring in to the 40,000 word landmark (only 10,000 more to go) I am pleased that I set out on this zany novel writing adventure.
Writing the words hasn't been so hard as having to process the story in its entirety and live the summer again. It was a rough summer.
I have met a woman on line and we have become good friends, even spent an entire night in a hotel celebrating our friendship (wink, wink, nod, nod, know what I mean? Say no more).
The night before we met at the hotel I had a good cry and said goodbye to Anne in a different way. For the last year I have been saying goodbye because she left me. That night I said goodbye because in a way, I was leaving her. I felt guilty and scared and excited about leaving her and taking that first step as a single woman.
I finally took my wedding ring off and put it away.
I think, thank God, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...
--Kathy

1 comment: